Marina and boat dealer sites best practices in customer service for long-standing success in the marine industry
Hutchinson’s Boat Works and Marina, one of the longest operating boat businesses on the St. Lawrence River in NY, has announced on August 28, 2013 that they are celebrating 105 years in business as a boat dealer and marina.
The family owned third generation business credits their unique brand and dedication to customer service that sets them apart from other boat dealers, contributing to their ongoing business success.
Some of Hutchinson’s customer service best practices include:
- Unlimited instruction time with new or used boat purchases so that customers are as comfortable as possible with operating their vessel
- A free tank of gas and 30 days of free dockage at Hutchinson’s full-service marina for all boats purchased
- Special events for its boaters including group destination trips, seminars, and boater gatherings
- Continually expanding and improved dockage accommodations, including new floating docks in 2012
Hutchinson’s has been a Sea Ray dealer since 1967 and carries several other brands as well, including Bennington, Starcraft, Starweld, and Checkmate. In addition to being a boat dealer, Hutchinson’s Boat Works offers dockage, storage, fuel, haul-out, a parts department, ship’s store, and service department with a team factory trained and certified in Mercruiser, Mercury, Cummins and Raymarine products.
The 105 year history of Hutchinson’s Boat Works started with the family business devoted to building wooden boats. The now historic boats are highly regarded throughout the Thousand Islands boating area as high quality craftsmanship.
“The business of boating is in our blood,” said Mark LaLonde, president of Hutchinson’s. “Our customers routinely tell us that our expertise and commitment greatly improves their purchase and boating experience, and I’m very proud of that fact,” he said.
Hutchinson’s Boat Works has been awarded Sea Ray’s highest designation as an Ambassador Dealer, and the company has also been named as a Top 100 Boat Dealers in North America by Boating Industry magazine.
Marine Marketing Best Practices
The customer service philosophy of Hutchinson’s Boat Works clearly sets it apart from other boat dealers in the area, contributing to its longevity and industry recognition. Going above and beyond the boat sale with extra instruction (which they say also includes things like operation of all onboard systems, navigation, places to go, and advice on accessories, service, and storage), helps build customer loyalty and referrals to their business. Their dedication to a customer’s experience continues with unique boater events and continued facility investment.
More Marine Marketing Best Practices to Read:
Latest posts by News Editor (see all)
- “Vacation on Demand” Campaign Launches for Boating Industry - June 20, 2017
- New Boating Podcast Highlights Marine Industry Experts and Recreational Boating - April 24, 2017
- Mariner Exchange Announces Android App and Coverage Expansion - March 31, 2017
- SureShade Launches New Website for Boaters, Boat Builders and Dealers - February 28, 2017