Discover Boating shares tips and resources for sharing posts on Facebook as part of social media series for boating industry
Discover Boating, the public awareness effort managed by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) on behalf of the North American recreational boating industry, has been leading the industry with best practices in marine marketing. They are offering up some of their social media tips to help guide your business through the (sometimes) murky social media waters.
Facebook is leading the social media world with approximately 1 billion users worldwide and 162 million users in the U.S. Discover Boating’s Facebook page has more than 775,000 fans and is a leading social community for people who share a love for boating.
If you are wondering what content to post and when, here are some tips from the marketing team at Discover Boating.
What to Post on Facebook
Videos and photos often perform better than just copy or links. To increase likes, comments and shares (which will then increase the overall reach of your post), choose great images and videos!
Discover Boating has noticed that their fans tend to engage more with photos and videos that create an attainable desire to get out on the water. For examples, check out Discover Boating’s latest posts and note the more popular ones in terms of likes, comments and shares.
When to Post on Facebook
Facebook’s Business Page Manager tool will help you pinpoint when your fans are online.
- Go to your business page as an admin
- Go to “Insights,” then in the left column, click on “Posts,” which will show your fans online by each day of the week.
- By clicking on any of those days, you can see a chart by time of day.
- Now you have data to help strategically schedule your posts accordingly, which will help maximize views and engagements.
Discover Boating invites marine businesses to follow them on Facebook for inspiration, as well as Instagram and Twitter. Looking for content ideas? Use the ‘Share’ button to easily share Discover Boating’s Facebook posts with your network of followers.
Best Times to Post Infographic
Check out this infographic for more details on the best times to post on social media with specifics for each social media site:
(Source: Quick Sprout.)
Latest posts by Diane Seltzer (see all)
- 5 Ways to Find Boating Photo and Video Content for Social Media - July 3, 2018
- Boat Gift Guides Offer Niche Advertising Opportunity for Boating Product Sales - November 14, 2017
- Marine Business Profile: Marine Center of Indiana is One-Stop Shop for Boating - April 11, 2017
- Developing an Annual Marine Marketing Plan for the New Year - January 29, 2017