IBEX Marine Millennials supports the next generation of marine industry leaders under the age of 35
The International Boatbuilders and Exhibition Conference (IBEX), has created a new program called IBEX Marine Millennials aimed at nurturing the next generation of professionals in the boating industry. The program will kick off at the 2015 IBEX event held September 15-17 in Louisville, KY.
The program is designed to attract young professionals in the marine industry who are looking to connect with each other, industry leaders, and be a part of the industry’s largest gathering.
Our mission is to identify who the next generation of leaders are and use IBEX as an opportunity for them to connect, learn, share, and expand their presence in the industry.
IBEX will host meet & greet events and provide a Lounge for Millennials to use on the show floor. There will also be exclusive opportunities for Millennials to learn from leaders in the marine industry and meet with other young marine industry professionals.
Benefits for joining Marine Millennials at IBEX include:
- Louisville Urban Bourbon Trail Welcome Passport
- Access to the Marine Millennial Lounge on the show floor
- Daily, one-hour mentor sessions with a variety of marine industry leaders
- Nightly gatherings scheduled at a variety of quality venues
- VIM (Very Important Millennial) seating at a dedicated table at the Industry Breakfast
- Discount dinner and drinks at local establishment
- The opportunity to connect with other young marine professionals
How to Join: Individuals can go to the IBEX Show site to sign up for the IBEX Marine Millennials program. There is no charge to join.
“My goal is to create a community for marine industry professionals who are under 35 years old, and let IBEX be the gathering place for them to connect, learn, share, and expand their presence in the industry,” said Anne Dunbar, IBEX Show Director. “The small but mighty Marine Millennial Planning Team who worked with me to develop this program are Andrew Breece from WoodenBoat Publications, Inc., Katie D’Antonio from Steve D’Antonio Marine Consulting, Inc. and Will Watters from SYNTEC Industries, and we invite all young marine professionals to visit the web page and register to join the group.
Marine Marketing Opportunities
The boating industry has made attracting & engaging millennials a priority for growth in the industry, as they represent the largest demographic generation in history. With more than 80 million millennials (roughly born in the 80’s and 90’s) this demographic poses both an opportunity and a challenge to the boating industry.
A dedicated group for young professionals in the boating industry will not only help develop talent for future leadership roles in the industry, but it will also help give greater insight into how to target, attract and engage millennials as future boat buyers.
Latest posts by News Editor (see all)
- Dealership Tools Launches New Marine Industry Website - June 24, 2020
- Massachusetts Marine Trade Launches New Boating Jobs Site and Video - March 14, 2018
- “Vacation on Demand” Campaign Launches for Boating Industry - June 20, 2017
- New Boating Podcast Highlights Marine Industry Experts and Recreational Boating - April 24, 2017