Green boating product innovations to be honored by West Marine with a $10,000 prize award
West Marine, the largest supplier of boating products and accessories in North America, has announced on August 12, 2013 they are now accepting nominations for their fifth annual award program honoring green product innovations in the marine industry. The top Green Product of the Year will be announced at the 2014 Miami International Boat Show and presented with a $10,000 prize award.
Part of West Marine’s BlueFuture(TM) initiative to create a more sustainable future for our planet and protect our waterways, the annual Green Product of the Year award aims to support the introduction of more green products in the boating industry. The award promotes green product development throughout the boating, fishing, sailing and watersports industries.
The 2013 Green Product of the Year Award was shared between Attwood’s Fuel Demand Valve and West Marine’s CFA bottom paint. Six additional entries received honorary recognition for their green products.
Criteria for the West Marine Green Product Award include:
- Effectiveness of product as compared to other competitive offerings in the market
- Economy of the product in terms of overall cost and/or any cost savings or financial impact of its use
- Environmental impact of the product and benefit to the environment (could be reduced fuel consumption, reduction of chemicals of concern, reduced air or water pollution, healthier or more abundant fish stocks or other metric)
- Degree of innovation and how unique the new product is to the boating market
- Timing of product release (product must be released to the market in 2013 or pending release in 2014)
- Verification of claims – all products entries must provide actual data, test results, laboratory analyses, etc.
Individuals, manufacturers, distributors and/or inventors of green boating products may enter their product info the award program by going to www.WestMarine.com/green between August 12, 2013 and November 22, 2013 for an entry form and official rules.
Marine Marketing Opportunity
This award contest presents a significant opportunity for marine businesses launching green products in the boating industry. Winners and honorees will receive a boost in public relations and brand recognition for their business, while the top winner will also receive a monetary award.
Latest posts by News Editor (see all)
- Dealership Tools Launches New Marine Industry Website - June 24, 2020
- Massachusetts Marine Trade Launches New Boating Jobs Site and Video - March 14, 2018
- “Vacation on Demand” Campaign Launches for Boating Industry - June 20, 2017
- New Boating Podcast Highlights Marine Industry Experts and Recreational Boating - April 24, 2017