Marine businesses unite globally to celebrate Summer Sailstice with sailing events aimed at boosting visibility and participation for sailing
The Summer Sailstice initiative announces its 12th annual celebration of sailing held on a weekend closest to the summer solstice. The 2013 event will be held on Saturday June 22, giving both sailors and marine businesses around the world an opportunity to celebrate the sailing lifestyle.
The focus of the Summer Sailstice event is participation and boat usage, a key component of growing sailing. The event hopes to give sailing visibility to new audiences and engage current sailors to actively participate in their local sailing community.
According to Summer Sailstice founder John Arndt, Associate Publisher at West Coast sailing publication Latitude 38, “the event is meant to be a tool for the entire sailing community to build visibility, participation, connectivity and fun for sailing.”
Key sponsors and partners of the event include: Discover Boating, Sail Magazine, Footloose Yacht Charters, Hobie, Jeanneau, Hunter, North Sails and West Marine. Experienced sailors without a boat can also visit their partner sponsor Cruzin.com to rent boats from fellow sailors.
Marine Marketing Opportunities
Many marine businesses are getting on board with the Summer Sailstice event by organizing local sailing events. All registered events – for businesses and private sailors – are included on the Summer Sailstice event page.
Notable organized events and special promotions include:
- Windworks Sailing Powerboating & Supply – recruiting new boaters and engaging current boaters on the Puget Sound
- SailTime Annapolis – holding an open house event to experience SailTime fleet first-hand
- Mission Bay Aquatic Center – offering 20% discount on sailing lessons
- Progressive Insurance San Diego International Boat Show – 50 free tickets to San Diego International Boat Show when you sign up for Summer Sailstice event
In addition to marine businesses involved in the sailing community organizing events, many yacht clubs and fleet associations will hold special events on Summer Sailstice like raft-ups or cruises.
Businesses can also get involved by supporting sailing celebrations by supplying prizes for awards that will be available to participating sailors.
To follow along with the Summer Sailstice activity on Twitter, follow #SummerSailstice. More information on the event, including how to register your local event, can be found at SummerSailstice.com.
Latest posts by News Editor (see all)
- Dealership Tools Launches New Marine Industry Website - June 24, 2020
- Massachusetts Marine Trade Launches New Boating Jobs Site and Video - March 14, 2018
- “Vacation on Demand” Campaign Launches for Boating Industry - June 20, 2017
- New Boating Podcast Highlights Marine Industry Experts and Recreational Boating - April 24, 2017