New “Boating and Yachting” Campaign aimed at growing the boating industry to run in both print and online formats
Mediaplanet, a leading independent publisher of content-marketing campaigns, has announced on September 4, 2013 that they are set to launch a new marketing campaign aimed at growing all aspects of the recreational boating industry.
Mediaplanet’s “Boating and Yachting” campaign will launch in October 18, 2013 with the insertion of a 10-12 page special print section in the San Francisco Chronicle reaching 2 million readers. Copies of the special Boating and Yachting supplement will be distributed at top boat shows throughout the fall and winter.
Initial campaign reach is also extended nationally with a digital component driving readers to a digital publication link online. The digital campaign microsite will benefit from social media sharing and contextually targeted traffic from top news and lifestyle websites across the country, including CNN, USA Today, ABC, New York Times, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Outdoor Life and Outside Mag.
The Boating and Yachting campaign will immediately follow the close of America’s Cup to build on consumer interest and excitement for boating, as well as aid in their boat buying plans for the 2014 boating season. The campaign is intended to “capitalize on the excitement from America’s Cup and get people in the right mindset to make a purchase” just ahead of the busy fall and winter boat show season.
Mediaplanet notes that recreational boating in the U.S. has an annual economic value of $121 billion and supports almost 1 million American jobs. Increasing participation in boating – for both new and existing boaters – is a priority to help drive new boat sales and grow the marine industry overall. The campaign is a separate initiative from NMMA’s Discover Boating, but unites leaders in in the industry like ABYC, ABA and NMMA, this campaign will promote the safety, affordability, environmental cleanliness, growth and fun of the sport.
Editorial focus areas of the campaign include:
- Overview of the recreational boating industry in the US
- Get Off of Your Dock— A Guide to Getting Started
- ABCs of Buying a Boat
- Boating Safety—Everything You Need to Know
- About Safe Boating Practices
- Checklist for Boat Safety
- Boating Insurance: How Many People Have Boats Without Having Insurance?
- Environment & Sustainability: Becoming a Clean Boater
- Careers in Boating
- Sailing: Educating Our Youth
- Sport of Sailing: Interview with America’ Cup Winner
Marine Marketing Opportunity
In addition to the nationwide benefits from improving exposure to recreational boating, the Boating and Yachting campaign provides marine businesses with an opportunity to participate in the campaign with advertising and sponsorship placements for print and online. This highly targeted, content-rich supplement aims to reach both new and existing boaters – creating new business opportunities beyond the typical audiences of boating publications.
Marine businesses looking to use this campaign as a marketing platform can find more information by accessing the Boating and Yachting Media Kit.
Latest posts by News Editor (see all)
- Dealership Tools Launches New Marine Industry Website - June 24, 2020
- Massachusetts Marine Trade Launches New Boating Jobs Site and Video - March 14, 2018
- “Vacation on Demand” Campaign Launches for Boating Industry - June 20, 2017
- New Boating Podcast Highlights Marine Industry Experts and Recreational Boating - April 24, 2017