Marine Marketers of America (MMA), an industry association of marine marketers, distributed annual awards for marine marketing efforts in 2014 during the 2015 Miami International Boat Show Industry Breakfast event.
The “Neptune Awards for Marketing Excellence” honors marketing work from marine businesses based on categories defined by MMA.
According to Wanda Kenton Smith, president of MMA (and CMO of Freedom Boat, the event sponsor), “There was great diversity – entries came from companies large and small, sail and power, from insurance to fishing tournaments and everything in between. The standard of work overall was very high, and in the seven years of the Neptune Awards, this was the toughest competition yet.”
2014 Neptune Awards were presented to the following companies in these categories:
- Best National Magazine Advertising (Series): Hell’s Bay Boatworks “Draft/Dial/Slider” created by Markham Unlimited
- Best Mobile Application: Yamaha Watercraft for “WaveRunner 2015 App”
- Best Digital Newsletter: Neptune Group Yachting for “The Neptune Pilot” created by Turnkey Communications and PR and DMT Design
- Best Email Blast: IBEX for “2014 Summer Series Campaign” created by CSG Creative
- Best Event Marketing/Sales Promotion: BRP/SeaDoo Watercraft for “#SPARKSOMEFUN Test Ride Tour” created by LOOK Marketing
- Best Product Literature: Hell’s Bay Boatworks for “Corporate Collateral” created by Markham Unlimited
- Best Marketing Innovation: BRP Evinrude for “Digital Configurator” created by Cramer-Krasselt
- Best Print Newsletter: Bimini Sands Resort & Marina for “Tidelines” created by Turnkey Communications and PR
- Best Regional/Local Marketing: SeaTow for “Life Jacket Loaner Program”
- Best National Magazine Advertising (Single Page Ad): Hell’s Bay Boatworks for “Man’s Best Friend” created by Markham Unlimited
- Best Social Media Campaign: Mercury Marine for “Carol of the Bells”
- Best National Magazine Advertising (Spread): North Sails for “Racing”
- Best Video: BRP – Evinrude for “Evinrude E-TEC G2 Outboard” created by Cramer-Krasselt and Group Mojo
- Best Web Advertising: Bayliner Boats for “Element XR7 Teaser Campaign” created by Pearl Brands
Marine Marketer’s of America compiled a full overview of the winners along with photos of the winning work, showcasing the selected winners for each category in the competition.
Latest posts by News Editor (see all)
- Dealership Tools Launches New Marine Industry Website - June 24, 2020
- Massachusetts Marine Trade Launches New Boating Jobs Site and Video - March 14, 2018
- “Vacation on Demand” Campaign Launches for Boating Industry - June 20, 2017
- New Boating Podcast Highlights Marine Industry Experts and Recreational Boating - April 24, 2017