Boat buyers can use new tool Build my Leopard to select model options and get pricing online
South Africa’s largest yacht builder, Robertson and Caine, announced the launch of an innovative web tool to let prospective buyers build their on boat for their Leopard Catamaran boat line.
The new web feature allows visitors to LeopardCatamarans.com to “build” their dream boat by selecting a boat model, interior layout, voltage and additional available options and extras. After all preferences are entered, the user is then provided with an ex-factory pricing estimate and a summary of their chosen option list.
The categories included in this web tool are: Interior, Engines & Drive, Navigation & Electronics, Electrical, Plumbing, Heating, Refrigeration & Gas, Deck & Hull, Sails & Rigging, General Equipment, and Commissioning. The user can view the base price of the model, as well as the cost of each add-on. Once the client has gone through the list and marked off all options desired, the list is submitted. The customer then receives a downloadable summary with the ex-factory pricing as well as an emailed copy that can be easily shared.
Leopard Catamarans claims that customers’ accessibility to this much in-depth knowledge about Leopard Catamarans has not been seen anywhere before the launch of this tool.
“The Build my Leopard tool helps propel our paperless and digital strategy,” said Franck Bauguil, Vice President of Yacht Ownership and Yacht Sales. “We expect this tool to be the launching pad for all of our pricing to move to a digital format.”
Marine Marketing Best Practices
The Build my Leopard web tool has already produced initial positive results, demonstrating that customers value innovative web tools that assist in the boat buying process.
Initial results of the web tool launch include:
- Increased website traffic and leads – The launch of the Build my Leopard tool brought with it a 240% increase of inquiries on the Leopard Catamarans site. It has already increased traffic, inquiries and is bringing about more qualified clients who have a better understanding of Leopard products and options.
- Customer insights – The tool also allows agents, managers and builders to identify trends – assisting sales teams in knowing exactly what customers are interested in and accelerating the sales process for both customers and agents.
In the near future Leopard Catamarans plans to debut this new web tool feature on all 9 of their international sites, and expand online pricing information to include the Australian Dollar and the Great British Pound in addition to the U.S. Dollar and Euro pricing already offered.
Latest posts by News Editor (see all)
- Dealership Tools Launches New Marine Industry Website - June 24, 2020
- Massachusetts Marine Trade Launches New Boating Jobs Site and Video - March 14, 2018
- “Vacation on Demand” Campaign Launches for Boating Industry - June 20, 2017
- New Boating Podcast Highlights Marine Industry Experts and Recreational Boating - April 24, 2017