The Meaning Behind the Numbers video showcases Discover Boating’s fiscal year 2013 marketing campaign results
Discover Boating, the public awareness effort managed by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) on behalf of the North American recreational boating industry, has released their 2013 fiscal year end marketing campaign results featuring a “Meaning Behind the Numbers” video recap of campaign results.
Discover Boating’s fiscal year end closed on September 30, 2013, marking the end of their seventh marketing campaign season in support of the recreational boating industry.
Marketing campaign highlights for 2013 include:
- 700+ million awareness-building impressions drove 2.6 million visitors to DiscoverBoating.com, DiscoverBoating.ca and fr.DiscoverBoating.ca
- One million leads to boat manufacturer websites in 2013 — a 132% increase over FY12
- Discover Boating brand videos viewed by over 45 million people
- Cinema advertising seen by over 10 million movie goers
- Over 2,000 positive news stories for boating through PR efforts
- Distributed over 80,000 copies of Beginner’s Guide to Boating throughout North America
- Increased social media activity on Facebook and Twitter
- 2.6 million website visitors in 2013
For the full recap of results, and how these results impact marine businesses, view the 2013 Discover Boating Marketing Campaign video The Meaning Behind the Numbers. Discover Boating also shares 2013 boating-related coverage in a PR recap video.
2014 Marketing Campaigns for Discover Boating
In addition to releasing fiscal year 2013 marketing campaign results, Discover Boating recently shared details about 2014 marketing plans. Discover Boating president Carl Blackwell presented 2014 marketing plans to the industry at the 2013 Marine Dealer Conference and Expo (MDCE), which will include an emphasis on content marketing.
According to Grow Boating Chairman Joe Lewis in his November 2013 Discover Boating Update,
“We’ve zeroed in on the questions people have once they start considering boating. To best answer those questions, we’ll develop and align content focusing on three key areas: inspirational (illustrating the lifestyle); enabling (addressing barriers to ownership); and, finally, encouragement (to start the shopping process).”
In addition to the strong emphasis on content through paid, earned and owned coverage, Discover Boating is working on a Plan B 2014 marketing plan to include more TV. Recognizing that the entire marine industry is dependent on new boat sales (such as dealers, marinas, lenders, service and accessory suppliers), the Discover Boating campaign hopes to solicit more campaign funding from the industry beyond the expected boat manufacturer contributions.
Latest posts by News Editor (see all)
- Dealership Tools Launches New Marine Industry Website - June 24, 2020
- Massachusetts Marine Trade Launches New Boating Jobs Site and Video - March 14, 2018
- “Vacation on Demand” Campaign Launches for Boating Industry - June 20, 2017
- New Boating Podcast Highlights Marine Industry Experts and Recreational Boating - April 24, 2017